U2 Rocket UniData Product

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
stetson

U2 Rocket UniData Product

Post by stetson »

I have Linux Mint Nadia loaded. I'd like to install a package from U2 Rocket Software called Unidata (Linux version).

The install, when I run it, generates the following:

./udtinstall: 1: ./udtinstall: /usr/ud73/bin/accessory: not found
-e Only superuser can udtinstall UniData.

The product is supported under Suse and Redhat flavors of Linux (not OpenSuse). The response from U2 support is that:

The error message is due to the /usr/ud73/bin/accessory file being unable to run. The output from ‘file’ is:
# file accessory
accessory: ELF 32-bit LSB executable, Intel 80386, version 1 (SYSV), for GNU/Linux 2.6.9, dynamically linked (uses shared libs), not stripped

I've installed rpm as follows: sudo apt-get install rpm

Still, not able to run udtinstall.

Any help is deeply appreciated.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
xenopeek
Level 25
Level 25

Re: U2 Rocket UniData Product

Post by xenopeek »

You'd need to convert the rpm to a deb file first I think. You can do that with alien. See examples of use here: http://askubuntu.com/questions/193117/i ... -on-ubuntu.

From the error you got, it seems you are trying to install the 32-bit version. Is your Linux Mint installation also 32-bit? If you installed 64-bit (command "inxi -S" on the terminal will show) you might want to check if there is instead a 64-bit rpm you can download. If there isn't, then I suggest you install the libraries for 32-bit compatibility:

Code: Select all

sudo apt-get install ia32-libs-multiarch
Now, alien does not take into consideration dependencies. So you must ensure all needed libraries are installed! I hope they included a list of that?
stetson

Post by stetson »

Excellent. Thanks for the reply.

My Linux Mint is the 64-bit version (cinnamon). I was pretty certain that I grabbed the 64-bit version of the UniData install. I'll double check that if that's what you meant. but now, see that you possibly meant rpm version, correct?

There was a list of libraries which I've attached.
xenopeek
Level 25
Level 25

Post by xenopeek »

It says: "UniData requires these libraries: libpam.so.0, libncurses.so.5 and libgdbm.so.2". The first two should be available on Linux Mint 14, the latter one is an old version and Linux Mint has the newer version. The older version is not available on Linux Mint. Try the program anyway, and if it complains about this library you can create a link to the newer library.

Code: Select all

vincent@nadia ~ $ locate libpam.so.0
/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libpam.so.0
/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libpam.so.0.83.0
vincent@nadia ~ $ locate libncurses.so.5
/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libncurses.so.5
/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libncurses.so.5.9
/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libncurses.so.5
/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libncurses.so.5.9
vincent@nadia ~ $ locate libgdbm.so.2
vincent@nadia ~ $ locate libgdbm.so.
/usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libgdbm.so.3
/usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libgdbm.so.3.0.0
/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libgdbm.so.3
/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libgdbm.so.3.0.0
vincent@nadia ~ $ 
First things first; get the 64-bit version of the rpm. If you are sure you have it, follow the instructions to use and install it with alien. Remove first your previous installation attempt I think. I hope that will work better.

Return to “Software & Applications”