Will LMDE ISO Ever Be Updated?

Archived topics about LMDE 1 and LMDE 2
Scorpio_Snake

Will LMDE ISO Ever Be Updated?

Post by Scorpio_Snake »

I am wanting to give LMDE a try on my new laptop. However the ISO seems to be rather old, from the beginning of the year, which is older than my laptop. It appears that my laptop requires a newer graphics driver than is in the ISO as when I run the live DVD I am getting weird graphics issues making it almost impossible to see what is going on.

Is there any plans to update the ISO any time soon? I believe it was said when the UP5 was released that it would be updated in weeks or months and that amount of time has passed by now.
Mohr

Re: Will LMDE ISO Ever Be Updated?

Post by Mohr »

I would also be interested! :D
grraf

Post by grraf »

As far as i know it may happen after up6 lands (if i memory still serves me , it was posted at one point that an iso update was planed before up6 if it were to come late or after it if it arrives soon enough)
zerozero

Post by zerozero »

published by Clem on November 9th, 2012
http://blog.linuxmint.com/?p=2197
  • The following releases are planned for December 2012: Linux Mint 14 Xfce, Linux Mint 14 KDE, LMDE UP6.
  • Improvements in live-installer and a new tool called DDM which simplifies the installation of 3rd party drivers are also planned for LMDE. Depending on how fast they progress, new LMDE ISOs based on UP6 might be released in December or in January.
Scorpio_Snake

Post by Scorpio_Snake »

zerozero wrote:published by Clem on November 9th, 2012
http://blog.linuxmint.com/?p=2197
  • The following releases are planned for December 2012: Linux Mint 14 Xfce, Linux Mint 14 KDE, LMDE UP6.
  • Improvements in live-installer and a new tool called DDM which simplifies the installation of 3rd party drivers are also planned for LMDE. Depending on how fast they progress, new LMDE ISOs based on UP6 might be released in December or in January.
Thanks! ... well ... it is still pretty vague ... but it sounds like we might get updated ISO's soon. lol
Aalexeey

Post by Aalexeey »

Waiting for new "iso" too. Tried to install on ASUS Q400A (with BIOS/EFI and Secure Boot "off"), it was freezing in a few minutes after installation started. I have tried three times, with installation frozen in a different moment every time and processor loaded much in a same moments (fan sound). The laptop has a Win8 64bit, but installation of other OS, via Secure Boot - off, is possible.
iLobster

Post by iLobster »

Hope they fix that epic bug with no English locale on first start... because now LMDE is totally unusable for fresh users, 'cause they just can't log in :D
Facepalm, I must say )
zerozero

Post by zerozero »

iLobster wrote:Hope they fix that epic bug with no English locale on first start... because now LMDE is totally unusable for fresh users, 'cause they just can't log in :D
Facepalm, I must say )
do you mind elaborate on this a bit more please? because until now it's the first time i see a reference to this "epic bug" (some links would be nice as well :) )
on4aa

Post by on4aa »

The sequel discussion "The unofficial LMDE XFCE" was moved by moderator xenopeek to "Chat"
http://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.php?f=61&t=118890
wiugrad2010

Post by wiugrad2010 »

will the new ISO based on UP6 be carrying the kernel 3.3?
zerozero

Post by zerozero »

certainly this one

Code: Select all

uname -a
Linux deb-kde 3.2.0-4-amd64 #1 SMP Debian 3.2.35-2 x86_64 GNU/Linux
Jenia

Post by Jenia »

Any idea when we can expect an ISO?
I'm staring anticipatively at the community section's ISO testing page, waiting for something to pop up.
CptMidnight

Post by CptMidnight »

Jenia wrote:Any idea when we can expect an ISO?
I'm staring anticipatively at the community section's ISO testing page, waiting for something to pop up.
It's mentioned in the blog entry about UP6:
Will LMDE get new ISO images with Update Pack 6?

Yes, we’re planning to release LMDE Update Pack 6 for the following editions in January 2013:
  • Cinnamon
  • MATE
I am also looking forward to it, since it takes a while to build a similar setup from a Debian ISO (and there are still quirks, e.g., I can't get the notification panel applet to show me my wireless network status).
laofzu
Level 2
Level 2

Post by laofzu »

The sooner the better, downloading and installing 1400+ packages takes a long time for each new install I do.
CorkVDH

Post by CorkVDH »

Any update on when the new ISO's will be released?

EDIT - Sorry, just saw the answer in another post. Looks like they are in QA, and are moving through the process.
M_aD
Level 4
Level 4

Post by M_aD »

CorkVDH wrote:
EDIT - Sorry, just saw the answer in another post. Looks like they are in QA, and are moving through the process.

If you read it carefully you should have seen that they were rejected, this means we are not testing them any further. We don't know yet when the new iso's will be uploaded for testing. :)
drcasper

Post by drcasper »

Yes the isos where rejected
http://community.linuxmint.com/iso/view/175

It seems that we will not see a LMDE UP6 respin this month. :(
casper956

Post by casper956 »

New Iso's lmde UP6 is now been tested. If everything will work ok, it might be available soon.
yro

Post by yro »

the isos got rejected...

for the mnt team: will the new up6 isos get released? if so, when?
zerozero

Post by zerozero »

Return to “LMDE Archive”