Cheers from the other side.

Welcome to newcomers! Don't hesitate to introduce yourself.
Forum rules
Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
SCH

Cheers from the other side.

Post by SCH »

"I was sitting over in the corner, dead to the world and Linux Mint gave me life.". -- My old computer.

True Story.

Cheers

SCH
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
StormWolf

Re: Cheers from the other side.

Post by StormWolf »

If I ever receive CPR I want it to be from someone with Mint fresh breath too :lol:

Welcome to the forums "old computer" :wink:
Athena

Post by Athena »

Hi SCH,

It's a good story, and it's bound to be long and happy!:)
sammiev

Post by sammiev »

Hi SCH,

Glad it all working for you and welcome to the forums. :)
The-Wizard

Post by The-Wizard »

Welcome to the Mint family forums

wizard
SCH

Post by SCH »

cheers mates! :D

I'm really enjoying this revision of my machine. I'm not a super power user (more mild advanced) but I am content with this incarnation! Everything works well out of the box. I only had a few issues with the 'Upload manager' not conneting to my ancient ftp server but I switched to Filezilla and everything worked out perfect. The usb wireless card is faster than on windows; even with the proper drivers I could never get past 'G' speeds ( I never could figure it out.). Now it's utilizing the full 'A' band, both the router and the usb card are now at full speed. I love the look and feel, the options, just wonderful.

Thanks all!
p.s.
I don't anticipate needing help, but if I do, I'll be back to ask.

SCH
Catbuntu

Post by Catbuntu »

SCH wrote:cheers mates! :D

I'm really enjoying this revision of my machine. I'm not a super power user (more mild advanced) but I am content with this incarnation! Everything works well out of the box. I only had a few issues with the 'Upload manager' not conneting to my ancient ftp server but I switched to Filezilla and everything worked out perfect. The usb wireless card is faster than on windows; even with the proper drivers I could never get past 'G' speeds ( I never could figure it out.). Now it's utilizing the full 'A' band, both the router and the usb card are now at full speed. I love the look and feel, the options, just wonderful.

Thanks all!
p.s.
I don't anticipate needing help, but if I do, I'll be back to ask.

SCH
Welcome!
Yes, feel free to ask on the forums or on the IRC.
jesica

Post by jesica »

:mrgreen:

Good day and welcome to Linux Mint,

Hope you will enjoy it as much as we do.

Return to “Introduce Yourself”