Wasted my time!

Welcome to newcomers! Don't hesitate to introduce yourself.
Forum rules
Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
spockerty

Wasted my time!

Post by spockerty »

Hi! I have installed and have been using Linux mint for three days already(22 Dec 2012), and yes, It was my first time in the world of Open source software and Linux OS, and so far I'm enjoying it a lot, Im liking the things Linux can offer , and thats why Im trying a lot of things and reading a lot, and now after learning some stuff, I hate myself thinking that I have wasted a lot of years in my life not knowing the existence of Linux, I wish someone has told me about Linux a lot earlier. By the way I'm from Philippines, so if there are any Filipino Linux users out there, as well as to the other linux users here, let us be good friends from now on.. :D :)
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
exploder
Level 15
Level 15

Re: Wasted my time!

Post by exploder »

Welcome to the forum and the world of open source. :D You have the right idea by reading. I am sure you will come across other community members from the Philippines, Mint users are all over the world these days. It doesn't matter that it took you a while to discover Linux, you are here now and enjoying yourself, that's all that matters. :D Enjoy your new found freedom my friend! :D
The-Wizard

Post by The-Wizard »

Welcome to the Mint family forums

Linux in all forms is open source [just some are a bit geeky and other for the average user] but they all share one thing... a community and the support that comes of being a member of the community,

Happy computing on this Yuletide

wizard
xenopeek
Level 25
Level 25

Post by xenopeek »

Welcome to Linux Mint :D
StormWolf

Post by StormWolf »

Hey spockerty welcome!!!

And I think you have the wrong perspective... don't look at all those years on windows as a waste of time... view it as learning what evil is so that in future you are better able to recognize & avoid it :lol:
Toontwnca
Level 2
Level 2

Post by Toontwnca »

Welcome to the forums and Mint.
I find it is an enjoyable experience.
It doesn't matter if a glass is half empty or half full.
There is clearly room for more wine.

Notebook: Asus K53U 1.6 gz, 4gb ram, 500 gb hd, AMD 6310 Radeon
jesica

Post by jesica »

:mrgreen:

Good day and welcome to Linux Mint,

Hope you will enjoy it as much as we do.

Return to “Introduce Yourself”