Network Proxy Ignored Proxies

Questions about Wi-Fi and other network devices, file sharing, firewalls, connection sharing etc
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
christos

Network Proxy Ignored Proxies

Post by christos »

Hello,

I have recently switched from Mint 11 to Mint 14 Nadia with Cinnamon and I am facing a problem with the network proxy. The issue I am facing is that I can not setup a list with the ignored hosts like I used to do in the old gnome 2 system. This is very important for me since I am connecting to a number of internal web-servers and I work with both Chrome and Firefox.

Thanks,

Christos.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
christos

Re: Network Proxy Ignored Proxies

Post by christos »

It seems that there is now way to do this via a cinnamon settings screen. I found a workaround though that works. I basically used the 'dconf editor' and I entered my 'proxy ignore hosts' list under system->proxy. From then on I use the cinnamon network settings to enable/disable the proxy and cinnamon picks the 'ingnored hosts' list from the list I entered using the 'dconf editor' tool.

Return to “Networking”