[Solved](ish)M-Audio Oxygen8 v1 Not Working

Questions about hardware, drivers and peripherals
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
tjk94

[Solved](ish)M-Audio Oxygen8 v1 Not Working

Post by tjk94 »

I have an Oxygen8 (Legacy) midi keyboard plugged in via usb. I have also installed the Midisport-firmware package which says it supports the Oxygen series.

lsusb returns, among other things, "Bus 003 Device 015: ID 0763:1015 Midiman M-Audio Keystation" however in qjackctl the only thing that shows up is a midi through chanel that is there regardless of whether I have the keyboard plugged in or not.

The device does work in windows and is receiving power when plugged in.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
tjk94

Re: M-Audio Oxygen8 v1 Not Working

Post by tjk94 »

Still no luck getting this to work...Any help, big or small, would still be appreciated.
tjk94

Post by tjk94 »

Bit of an update:

amidi -l returns
Dir Device Name
IO hw:1,0,0 Keystation MIDI 1

In the settings of QJackCtl hw:1 shows up in the input device option but selecting it doesnt seem to do anything.

Some people with similar problems were told to connect the keyboard to a powered usb hub...lacking one I simply plugged the keyboard in rather than powering it from usb. This had no effect on my problem.
tjk94

Post by tjk94 »

Still no luck getting this to work on my end
tjk94

Post by tjk94 »

I decided to pull out the keyboard again and give this another go in LM 14. I don't think I changed any settings...I just got jack/qjackctl up and running (a headache in and of itself) and suddenly the keyboard was showing up in the connections window. Don't know what I did but it's working now.

Return to “Hardware Support”