Changing Resolution and Removing Tasty Menu

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
brando569

Changing Resolution and Removing Tasty Menu

Post by brando569 »

Hi, first off i love mint kde, i have a feeling its going to permanently replace kubuntu on my machine and im definitely going to recommend it to my friends. one thing that im slightly stumped on is how to change the resolution in kde, in kubuntu i always did it via xorg.conf (i can never remember the easy way :lol:)but when i looked at mints xorg.conf the resolutions are nowhere to be found and cant find the gui way of doing it either. its a slight PITA since im running it in a vm and i cant get it to fit on the screen correctly (gonna have to shrink it down to 1024x768 or 800x600), also is there a way to use the original kde k menu, the default menu (i heard someone call it tasty menu?) is way too big for my liking, even the kmenu in kde4 is too big for me.

edit: i just saw that removing tastymenu was as easy as apt-get remove tastymenu
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
rec9140

Re: Changing Resolution and Removing Tasty Menu

Post by rec9140 »

brando569 wrote:stumped on is how to change the resolution in kde, in kubuntu i always did it via xorg.conf (i can never remember the easy way :lol:)but when i looked at mints xorg.conf the resolutions are nowhere to be found and cant find the gui way of doing it either. its a slight PITA since im running it in a vm and i cant get it to fit on the screen correctly (gonna have to shrink it down to 1024x768 or 800x600),
Mint Menu | System Settings | Peripherals | Monitor & Display
brando569

Post by brando569 »

thanks, ive addded the k menu button back but the icon for it is huge (doesnt fit correctly on my taskbar) and its a white background, any way to change that?
deadguy
Level 5
Level 5

Post by deadguy »

brando569 wrote:thanks, ive addded the k menu button back but the icon for it is huge (doesnt fit correctly on my taskbar) and its a white background, any way to change that?
check out this topic: http://www.linuxmint.com/forum/viewtopi ... 09&t=10128.

Return to “Software & Applications”