Multiple "Same" Programs startup on open!?

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Chrisnz

Multiple "Same" Programs startup on open!?

Post by Chrisnz »

Hi All and Happy New year as well!

I have Mate installed for Mint. Recently I have multiple programs startup on Start-up! In this case the programs are Skype and Komparator. Easy fix eh? Thats what I thought? Looked for Update shield icon and cant see it on any toolbar?
Skype is not setup within itself to Auto start and Komparator - simply doesn't have that option. So I checked the "Service" options - neither show up. I checked their was a tick in "Sessions" I missed. Found something, "Save open programs for startup' - Unticked that - closed ALL open programs, logged out/in - same problem. Re-ticked it, closed all multiple programs again, logged out/in - Same problem, Checked "Starup App's" - Not loaded for either!?

Can you see whats happened here?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 3 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
TheDynamicHamza21
Level 5
Level 5

Re: Multiple "Same" Programs startup on open!?

Post by TheDynamicHamza21 »

Not trying state the obvious but did you try restarting not just logging on and off?
Linux Registered User: # 573034

Hamza21.com
Chrisnz

Post by Chrisnz »

TheDynamicHamza21 wrote:Not trying state the obvious but did you try restarting not just logging on and off?
Did that as well - but everytime I get the same result - multiple instances of just Skype and Komparator!!
Mauro

Post by Mauro »

Today, I discovered the same issue!

I try to compare the programs, and I realise that they are opening one time for mate and one time for gnome.
Example:
usr/bin/gnome-keyring-daemon --start --components=ssh
/usr/bin/mate-keyring-daemon --start --components=ssh

Some programs that are being open "twice":
/usr/bin/gnome-keyring-daemon --start --components=gpg
usr/bin/gnome-keyring-daemon --start --components=ssh
/usr/bin/gnome-keyring-daemon --start --components=pkcs11
/usr/bin/gnome-keyring-daemon --start --components=secrets
gnome-screensaver
Chrisnz

Post by Chrisnz »

Hi Mauro

The long term fix for me was to remove Skype but leaving Komparator (Check and observe changes). On restart - No Duplicate programs re-started - at all! So I reloaded Skype this time from the Skype website and after restart again - System was stable with no issues. Now this has been a few weeks and still ok. That was my workaround. Something like this may help others. :)
I will still subscribe to this for a while to see if others are having a similar problem - otherwise for me - Solved.

Return to “MATE”