choppy / jerky flash/youtube videos in fullscreen [solved]

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
geoffm

choppy / jerky flash/youtube videos in fullscreen [solved]

Post by geoffm »

Just adding this in case someone has the same problem.
I was having a very high performance decrease when playing youtube videos in full screen. Video became choppy. Seems like there is some kind of problem with flash 11. It helped a little bit if I disabled hardware accel, but not enough.

I run Maya 64 with the Intel 965GM Driver

I replaced mint-flashplugin-11 with
mint-flashplugin-10.2:i386 (10.2.153.1)

Now it seems to work fine.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Troken

Re: choppy / jerky flash/youtube videos in fullscreen [solve

Post by Troken »

Hi, I have the same problem. Its odd since the computer can play HD movies smooth in VLC and XBMC.

How do I install the mint-flashplugin-10.2:i386 (10.2.153.1)?
SanfordandSunRa

Post by SanfordandSunRa »

Hey Troken, use Synaptic Package Manager. Search for both packages (by the exact names mentioned above), mark one for installation, the other to be removed, and hit apply.
Troken

Post by Troken »

Thank you SanfordandSunRa, I managed to switch according to your instructions. However, its still choppy. But... if I download the video from Youtube and play in XBMC, its perfect. I do not understand. The computer can apparently play the video nicely, but not in Firefox/VLC etc.
jwal

Post by jwal »

If you disable the video acceleration in Chrome it is way smoother playback of flash video. Not sure what browser you are using.

Return to “Sound”