file manager text size

Forum rules
Before you post please read this

file manager text size

Postby argon99 on Wed Jan 09, 2013 9:58 pm

I would like to make the text under the icons and files in file manager bigger. I can make the icons bigger but that is not what I want. I am using mint for a home theater and I need to be able to read the file names from across the room. I also have a Panasonic Viera TV for the monitor. Everything works fine except I can't read the file names. So I use VNC and the login with my laptop but this is far from a satisfactory solution. So does anybody know were I can increase the font size?? TIA
argon99
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: file manager text size

Postby xenopeek on Thu Jan 10, 2013 6:57 am

Please share which file manager you are using. If you don't know, it's usually also shown in the Help > About menu.
xenopeek
Level 21
Level 21

Postby seppalta on Thu Jan 10, 2013 2:45 pm

If you are using Mint LXDE, then your file manager is likely pcmanfm, whose configuration, including font size, can be edited in ~/.config/pcmanfm/LXDE/pcmanfm.conf .
http://lxlinux.com/
seppalta
Level 4
Level 4

Postby argon99 on Fri Jan 11, 2013 8:18 pm

xenopeek wrote:Please share which file manager you are using. If you don't know, it's usually also shown in the Help > About menu.

Thank you for your help. I am using Thunar 1.4.0 for the file manager. I read through the DOCS on XFCE about Thunar and found nothing about fonts at all. I am installing some other file managers to see what I can get to work.

Any suggestions are appreciated.
argon99
Level 1
Level 1

Return to Others