Ubuntu forums can't help me, can you?

Chat about Linux in general
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
loxaheart

Ubuntu forums can't help me, can you?

Post by loxaheart »

Hello!

My husband is very new to Linux, he has no experience with the command line, and with my verbal assistance he just used synaptic for the first time.
He is running Lubuntu 11.10 on an old Toshiba Satellite.

He wants to use dgen for Genesis emulators. Gens is not possible. Tkdgen is also not possible.
Gens and tkdgen aren't available in synaptic. I'm terrible at compiling, and not famillar with emulators.

If anyone has experience configuring dgen, please provide step by step instructions that an absolute beginner can easily understand :)

Many thanks in advance from both my husband and I!
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
viking777

Re: Ubuntu forums can't help me, can you?

Post by viking777 »

Well if you go here:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/gens/fi ... %202.15.5/

You will find a .deb package which (in theory) should only need you to download then double click to install. I say in theory because the project is over 4 years old (which probably means it is dead) and therefore is unlikely to work with a new version of Ubuntu (or anything else). But there is nothing to stop you from trying (if you haven't already).

There is even a video here with steps on how to install and run it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kReK938zA40
Penguinnerd

Post by Penguinnerd »

I'm not sure, but Mednafen might be an option as well. The website says it supports genesis games (at least the current version does).

An older version of mednafen should be available in those repositories, and it might support genesis games.
loxaheart

Post by loxaheart »

Thanks! We'll try both suggestions :)

I'll report back with the results!

Return to “Chat about Linux”