Magic Mouse PIN Problem

Questions about hardware, drivers and peripherals
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
gfunkera

Magic Mouse PIN Problem

Post by gfunkera »

I am trying to connect a magic mouse to my Mint 14 machine but cannot seem to get it to connect.

I open the bluetooth settings, turn on the magic mouse, click on the + button in the bluetooth preferences window, and wait for a bit to see if anything happens. After I click the mouse, the device does in fact get detected and is reflected by a popup from the notification center that says my mouse is asking for the PIN. This box usually disappears way too fast and even if I manage to get the PIN in the box "0000", it doesn't seem to make a difference. Also, this box appears twice in succession.

I found the same notification available in the little tray applet but that thing has the same problem: I try to insert the PIN but it just disappears with no affect. Any ideas?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
gfunkera

Magic Mouse module accidentally removed!

Post by gfunkera »

So I got my magic mouse working by using the gnome desktop because the cinnamon desktop wasnt allowing me to input four zeros (0000) as the PIN for the magic mouse.

After getting it to work I accidentally ran this command and now it wont even be detected:
rmmod hid_magicmouse

how can I fix this so I can use my mouse again?
gfunkera

Re: Magic Mouse PIN Problem

Post by gfunkera »

NEVERMIND! Im having the same problem again and now even when I go into gnome to set the 0000 passkey, it doesnt work. It fails to pair. :x Linux Mint really sucks at certain things.
Jesse Carroll

Post by Jesse Carroll »

Same problem Apple Mighty Mouse Bluetooth.
2009 Mac Mini 2.53Ghz.
Jesse Carroll

Post by Jesse Carroll »

It's over a year later, with many updates to MINT 14 and still my Apple Bluetooth Mighty Mouse will work one day and not the next.

It works FINE from Ubuntu 12.04 LTS Precis... with all the updates..

I have TWO of them and have put brand new AAs in them....

I see PIN number paranoia, coming from the Windows Refugees that inhabit so much of LINUX..

Obsessed with security.. passwords.

I need NONE, live alone..

DAMN Dozers!!

Return to “Hardware Support”