remastersys has no hope for Mint 14 KDE x64

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
podagee

remastersys has no hope for Mint 14 KDE x64

Post by podagee »

i have mint kde 64bit installed with ubuntu tweak,kde4.9.5,and doccky;for some odd reason ive tried numerous times trying to get remastersys working,but,no success.
relinux was very confusing for me
aptoncd,i dont know how to work.
if anyone knows of another software to copy and create a system image please let me know.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Orbmiser

Re: remastersys has no hope for Mint 14 KDE x64

Post by Orbmiser »

Go to this thread I responded too.
http://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.php?f=90&t=122683

Has the answer and easy peasy to do. Loving Redo Backup.
podagee

Post by podagee »

thanks orbmiser i will give it a try.i have another thread that fragadelic and i communicated,but,he hasnt responded lately.he must be busy or hopefully fixing remastersys.
so my understanding is that it takes snapshots and puts it on your desktop,correct?
and it restores when you want it too,but,how do you restore the snapshot?is it when you boot from the cd and it automatically picks up the snapshots?
i will do further investigation haha on it.thanks
Orbmiser

Post by Orbmiser »

podagee wrote: so my understanding is that it takes snapshots and puts it on your desktop,correct?
No you point it to a backup device to backup too like a external or internal HD. I have a Ntfs external usb drive they go to.
You can't restore an image from the desktop. You have to boot up with the Redo CD as no OS can be running backing up or restoring a HD image.
and it restores when you want it too,but,how do you restore the snapshot?is it when you boot from the cd and it automatically picks up the snapshots?
You boot up the CD and there you have the option to backup or restore. You point restore to where your backup images are stored and point it to the target partitions to restore. A source from (Backup Image) to a Target drive (Where the original partitions resided on the HD).
podagee

Post by podagee »

i made a backup last night and it took 39m,amazing.i made it for my whole system,win8 and mint 14 kde.thanks for the info.the cd was really self explanatory,especially with only 2 options.thank you orbimiser.
one last question,if i restore the backup on a different hdd will it work?
Orbmiser

Post by Orbmiser »

Yes a blank new drive must be the same size or larger. And no work on your part insert drive into system.
No extra formatting,etc.. Just boot to redo cd and restore backup to new Hardrive.
It will make all the partitions with all the original files and install mbr for you.
podagee

Post by podagee »

i love it.thanks again

Return to “Software & Applications”