linux mint crash.

Questions about hardware, drivers and peripherals
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
nzskiing

linux mint crash.

Post by nzskiing »

linux mint crash.

hi there,

i was trying to update my graphics card to play games on linux mint and it just crashed and it won't reboot i will have to reinstall linux mint again but how do i get files off my hard drive that i want to keep

thanks
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
nomko

Re: linux mint crash.

Post by nomko »

We can't do much with your question since we're mising a lot of info here:

- Which version of Mint are you using?
- What type/model graphic card do yo have?
- post the output of this terminal commands here:

Code: Select all

inxi -G
Without those information we cannot help you further, we don't have a crystal ball here to look in and find the right answers :wink:
nzskiing

Post by nzskiing »

running linux mint 14 64 bit my graphics card is a geforce 8600gt dont knw the output atm cause it doent really boot all i want to know is how can i get my stuff off the hard drive i prob will put windows.

thanks
nomko

Post by nomko »

nzskiing wrote:running linux mint 14 64 bit my graphics card is a geforce 8600gt dont knw the output atm cause it doent really boot all i want to know is how can i get my stuff off the hard drive i prob will put windows.

thanks

Boot with the live-cd and mount your (internal) drive and move/copy everything to a USB stick.

But what did you do when you were trying to update your graphic drivers??
nzskiing

Post by nzskiing »

idk and i don't really care i hate linux mint how do i get my stuff off my harddrive so i can install windows on it

thanks

Return to “Hardware Support”