man,another failure with mint 14

Chat about anything related to Linux Mint
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
podagee

man,another failure with mint 14

Post by podagee »

okay,i love what the mint team does.they do a great job,but,unfortunately,mint 14 cinnamon 32bit went disastrous on me.it takes over a minute,all of a sudden,to boot up,programs arent operating well anymore,buggy screens,mouse does what it wants now,and to add on,firefox 17.0.1 is terrible.i think im going back in time to mint 10,when mint was very stable.i loved mint 14 until today.RIP mint 14 cinnamon 32 and 64bit.
gonna give kde 14 another try.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
lexon

Re: man,another failure with mint 14

Post by lexon »

No details of your issues.
I have used 14 Cinnamon and Mate. Prefer Mate.
I recently installed 14 in my girlfriends XP desktop PC and she is very happy with it. She is not a techie type, either.

L
fraxinus_63

Post by fraxinus_63 »

podagee wrote:okay,i love what the mint team does.they do a great job,but,unfortunately,mint 14 cinnamon 32bit went disastrous on me.it takes over a minute,all of a sudden,to boot up,programs arent operating well anymore,buggy screens,mouse does what it wants now,and to add on,firefox 17.0.1 is terrible.
May I suggest that you'd be more likely to get help with these issues if you posted some queries in the support section of this forum (rather than here in Chat), describing your issues in more detail and telling us a bit about your hardware and general setup.
podagee

Post by podagee »

its not a support question.its a statement,as you can see its in the "Chat about Linux Mint" section.i never posted any question on my first post.thank you
yonnie
Level 3
Level 3

Post by yonnie »

Oh, this sux! I got LM14 mate installed all over the place as it had features better than 13 and wasn't having internet issues with the old version of FireFox that was killing many websites always trying to install adobe flash when it's already installed crap.

Now I'm told LM14 is buggy and won't be supported for very long? This really stinks!!! Everybody I have using it loves it! Keep it running, please!
We are children of children and do as we are shown.
-James Curran
podagee

Post by podagee »

the LM14 KDE is really nice you should give it a try.im on the 64 bit version and have no issues whatsoever.one cool thing ive noticed with this install with kde 4.9.5 is that there is a hot corner if you have multiple windows open.dont know if its new but its nice.

Return to “Chat about Linux Mint”