Make a Windoiws 8 bootable flash drive

Chat about just about anything else
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 30 days after creation.
ggriggs73

Make a Windoiws 8 bootable flash drive

Post by ggriggs73 »

how do i make a windows 8 bootable flash drive in linux mint 14
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 07, 2022 4:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 30 days after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
xenopeek
Level 25
Level 25

Re: Make a Windoiws 8 bootable flash drive

Post by xenopeek »

You can make a Linux Mint 14 bootable flash drive in Windows 8, but the other way around I don't think is possible. Why do you need this? There may be an alternative to what you are trying to accomplish.
Pierre
Level 21
Level 21

Post by Pierre »

Why mess with windows 8, in the first place?.
- if you have gotten that beasty, then you really should, just leave it in peace & on it's own . . .
- if you want to mess with your PC, then you really should use a earlier / friendlier? version of windows.
Please edit your original post title to include [SOLVED] - when your problem is solved!
and DO LOOK at those Unanswered Topics - - you may be able to answer some!.
caf4926
Level 7
Level 7

Post by caf4926 »

xenopeek wrote:You can make a Linux Mint 14 bootable flash drive in Windows 8, but the other way around I don't think is possible. Why do you need this? There may be an alternative to what you are trying to accomplish.
Correct
You could possibly do it in a windows VM?

I can tell you though. You are wasting your time. Windows 8 is an abomination.
Linux Mint 21.1 Cinnamon
AnonKS

Post by AnonKS »

Windows 8 is terrible. If you must use it, you can use brasero to burn the iso to a DVD. But installing window$ will break grub boot loader. So you'll have to install grub again after windows as holding shift at boot won't work anymore. You'll basically lose the ability to boot mint.

Sent from my Evo 3D GSM using Tapatalk 2

Return to “Open Chat”