Flash won't work on a Thinkpad T20, but will on a T23?

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
TPUSER

Flash won't work on a Thinkpad T20, but will on a T23?

Post by TPUSER »

Guys, I have tried SO many distro's on this T20. Can't get flash to work on youtube. It's in the Firefox plugins. The thing is, I've never had a problem with two different T23's I own. There's not much difference in the two. I've read and tried things until I'm blue in the face. I'm starting to wonder if it has something to do with the Savage (S3) IX system in the T20. The T23 uses the Savage 'SuperSavage/IXC16' and the T20 uses the 'SavageIX8' chip. Could it be an 8 vs.16 bit graphics problem? I get a black screen, which turns to white and it just sits there.
If I attempt to even visit youtube with Chromium, I get a message "Could not load Shockwave Flash".
The only differences in these machines are processor speed (1.13 Ghz on the T23 vs. 800MHz. on the T20). This machine is only used for email and web browsing. It should be fast enough for that. Both machines have 512MB ram.
Am I destined to just throw this T20 in the dumpster? Seems like a waste. It still runs fine. I can't WAIT until flash is history.
Can anyone help?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
TPUSER

Re: Flash won't work on a Thinkpad T20, but will on a T23?

Post by TPUSER »

OK, then. After I remove the LCD for a spare, into the trash she goes. Old is old, I guess. It is what it is.

Return to “Software & Applications”