LM14-XFCE Terminal - Transparent

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
lkraemer

LM14-XFCE Terminal - Transparent

Post by lkraemer »

I've installed LM14 - XFCE Desktop (32 Bit), and I'd like to make the Terminal Non-Transparent versus Transparent. Where are those
settings located? I've looked at everything I can find. LMDE had those settings available in a Top Menu Selection.

Please help me make the Terminals Non-Transparent.

Thanks.

Larry
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
bigj231

Re: LM14-XFCE Terminal - Transparent

Post by bigj231 »

In Cinnamon/Gnome the settings are in the Edit Menu in the terminal window. I think it's the same for XFCE.

Edit: Profile Preferences: Background Tab: then set the background to a sold color or adjust transparency to suit. You can also specify a picture for the background. See the attachment for a screencap of the window.
lkraemer

Post by lkraemer »

bigj231,
Yes, I've seen the preferences in the Terminal Window menu. I've posted a png of a similar Distro that has the same settings as LMDE.
term-prefs.png
But, LM14 - XFCE doesn't have this menu selection in the Terminal Menu, as it's blank.

Attached is a png of the Terminal Window in LM14-XFCE.
lm14-xfce.png
There has to be another way to set the Transparency............

Thanks.

Larry
caribriz

Post by caribriz »

In LM14 xfce -
If you right-click the background of the terminal window, you will get a menu.

Click "Show Menubar" to get a Menubar like you see in your first picture - then click Edit > Preferences ...
or you can just click Preferences in the menu that appears to configure your settings:
LM14xfce right-click terminal background to get menu.png
Then if you want to see the Menubar as default, click Edit > Preferences > Appearance tab > Opening new windows > check "Display menubar in new windows"

caribriz
Last edited by caribriz on Tue Jan 15, 2013 1:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
lkraemer

Post by lkraemer »

carbriz,
WOW, thanks for the TIP. THANKS!

Larry
caribriz

Post by caribriz »

:) You're welcome

caribriz
aac74

Post by aac74 »

Or you could install the gnome-terminal package and set it as the default terminal in xfce settings > preferred apps > utilities

Return to “Xfce”