[SOLVED] Can't mirror second monitor/beamer

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
sabse

[SOLVED] Can't mirror second monitor/beamer

Post by sabse »

Hi everyone,

When I attach a beamer to my laptop I can't check the option 'mirror displays', which I want to do for a presentation I have to give.
So either I just have the background image of my laptop display on the beamer and the normal laptop desktop (with my presentation -> pdf from latex beamer), or I get the presentation on the wall with a black laptop screen! However It automatically mirrors the displays when I attache it to my TV for instance. So I get that it is a resolution (incompatibility?!?!?) problem.

I tested all possible resolution setting for the attached beamer, I dragged the 'beamer' around in the 'display settings', but whatever I tried I can't check the 'Mirror displays' option.
I tested that on two different beamers: one has a default resolution of 832x624 (4:3), the other a resolution of 1280 x 800 (16:10). The latter I have to change to 16:9 in order not to cut of my presentation at the bottom. Well there is not option for the beamer to set it to the same resolution as the laptop!

The only thing I managed to get is the beamer display as small display in the laptop display. than my presentation is on the laptop screen but cut off on the the beamer side....

I am running linux Mint 13 64bit, kernel 3.7.0-030700, gnome 3.4.2 on an Asus Ultrabook UX31A (Intel HD4000 graphics card; 16:9 display)
(I updated the kernel, since I was hoping that this might fix the problem... Previously I had 3.6.0 as well as 3.6.2)

Any ideas how to fix this resolution incompatibility? Any help much appreciated!

Sabine
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
sabse

Re: Can't mirror second monitor/beamer

Post by sabse »

Ok, I figured that the problem is the graphics card driver (the graphics card is just a tad to new I guess...)
So I couldn't reduce the resolution of my laptop display to match the beamer.

What I did is to install a new driver, as described here:
http://www.techlw.com/2012/08/install-l ... rs-in.html

And now I can change the resolution of my display!
Maybe that helps somwone else with simiar problems....

Return to “MATE”