VLC now starts up with hissy echoing audio??

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post please read this

VLC now starts up with hissy echoing audio??

Postby PiMinto on Wed Jan 16, 2013 4:57 am

I'm running Mint 13. A little over a week ago I ran all updates (not nadia backport). Since then when I open avis/mkvs/etc. with VLC, they open with badly distorted hissing audio that also echoes. Opening the same files with gnome player or movie player works fine. Usually if I open several media files in a row with VLC, by around the 4th or 5th one it will play the audio normally. What's going on?
PiMinto
Level 3
Level 3

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: VLC now starts up with hissy echoing audio??

Postby TheDynamicHamza21 on Wed Jan 16, 2013 5:18 am

PiMinto wrote:I'm running Mint 13. A little over a week ago I ran all updates (not nadia backport). Since then when I open avis/mkvs/etc. with VLC, they open with badly distorted hissing audio that also echoes. Opening the same files with gnome player or movie player works fine. Usually if I open several media files in a row with VLC, by around the 4th or 5th one it will play the audio normally. What's going on?

Not really sure I haven't experienced that but I have noticed VLC doesn't display the correct bitrate and cover images for mp3's in Maya MATE. Maybe an upgrade would fix these issues.

http://www.noobslab.com/2012/12/vlc-205 ... buntu.html
Linux Registered User: # 573034

www.domeshotsandfatlaces.com
TheDynamicHamza21
Level 5
Level 5

Re: VLC now starts up with hissy echoing audio??

Postby PiMinto on Mon Feb 04, 2013 5:11 am

I unfortunately do not have the bandwidth to try updating yet, but I found that when I open the first instance of VLC with broken sound, if I open another instance of VLC at the same time the first one will start playing correctly. A bit of a nuisance but it will do.
PiMinto
Level 3
Level 3

Return to Software & Applications