PM: Device 00:08 failed to resume: error -19

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
jms

PM: Device 00:08 failed to resume: error -19

Post by jms »

Hi, when Mint thaws from suspend, the following error message is displayed:

Code: Select all

[97616.379490] dpm_run_callback(): pnp_bus_resume+0x0/0x80 returns -19
[97616.379492] PM: Device 00:08 failed to resume: error -19
So far everything on the system seems to be running fine, but I'd like to understand what this means and how to fix it if possible. Any ideas what to do?

The error message was retrieved with the following command:

dmesg -l err
Thanks!
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
vmanint

Re: PM: Device 00:08 failed to resume: error -19

Post by vmanint »

I get exactly the same error on my Acer E1-531 notebook. Everything seems to be working fine though.
jms

Post by jms »

Same here, but I'd like to fix the issue anyways whatever it is (and probably learn a lot in the process).

Does anyone know how to go about trouble shooting it?
rafi
Level 1
Level 1

Post by rafi »

Just to confirm that on a fresh install of Linux Mint 14 Nadia on a Dell Inspiron 13z the almost-same error occurs upon restart from suspend:

dpm_run_callback(): pnp_bus_resume+0x0/0x80 returns -19
PM: Device 00:07 failed to resume: error -19
although everything seems to work alright anyway.

Cheers,
Rafi
RavanH

Post by RavanH »

I see the same thing happening on a fresh Ubuntu GNOME 13.04 installation -- sorry for offending anyone here, I like Gnome Shell ;) -- on an Acer Aspire V5 with touch screen and EFI after resume from suspend to ram in the syslog:

dpm_run_callback(): pnp_bus_resume+0x0/0x80 returns -19
PM: Device 00:07 failed to resume: error -19
All seems to function after resume but it still would be nice to figure out where this is coming from. How to find out which device we're talking about here?
I tried:

$ cat /proc/devices
Character devices:

Block devices:
  7 loop
[code]
but I don not think this is what I'm looking for... Or is it?

Return to “Beginner Questions”