Screen showing lines....

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
aucheukyan

Screen showing lines....

Post by aucheukyan »

Hi, i have some issues. Just installed LM14 LXDE 32 bit on my netbook(Benq Joybook U101)

The problem i have with it is that my screen will always become lines after 5 mins and it cant be solved till i plug in into an external monitor, toggle and update ("sudo apt-get update") and after restarting it works again. Its irritating cause sometimes i am in school and just have no way of finding an external monitor thus unable to update for it to work. Picture for reference...

My netbook runs on Intel Atom N270 1.6GHz, Graphic driver is the basic Mobile Intel 945GSE Express Chipset on any other netbooks.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
aucheukyan

Re: Screen showing lines....

Post by aucheukyan »

Slight update, netbook running on battery, the screen goes out faster than power with battery attached..... No screen going out with just power and no battery attached.

The way to jump-start the screen is to plug in a secondary monitor, switch over.... when shutting down i have to pull out when its in the screen where it check battery state and the screen is back to normal again
aucheukyan

Re: Screen showing lines....

Post by aucheukyan »

Bump for awareness

Return to “Beginner Questions”