Installing Linux positive experience

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
stu.osxfan

Installing Linux positive experience

Post by stu.osxfan »

Hello
I only wish to post this comment. Please don't hold this against me. I feel that I really accomplished something that to me is very technical and in my opinion not a easy thing to do. After much reading and searching on the web I was able to download LinuxMint 13. I am not tech savy like most everyone else using Linux. My primary OS is OS X that is on my iMac. After 2 or 3 days of dedicated time this morning I was able to finally say that I did it! I am running LinxMint 13 through Virtual Box. I love having an option in addition to 10.8. I am an eager learner and have taken the plunge. Thanks for listening
Stu
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Adelante

Re: Installing Linux positive experience

Post by Adelante »

Congratulations :D
hydn

Post by hydn »

Congrats! This is all stepping stones and you'll find Mint is probably THE best for beginners who want to enter the Linux work. The question now is, will you become a distro hopper and become addicted to the rush of something new & the rush of accomplishment? Or will you stay with one or two distros. I've moved from Mint but both my Wife and Sister have stuck with Mint and wisely so.
w201

Post by w201 »

Awesome!

Return to “Beginner Questions”