printer keeps cancelling

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
shaha614

printer keeps cancelling

Post by shaha614 »

ok i installed mint every thing works great but i cant get my printer to print from mint. every time i try to print something a box pops up and says printing canceled on pro800-900 i have a lexmark pro 905 iv tried the universal driver installer and everything. please i could use some help on this
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
w201

Re: printer keeps cancelling

Post by w201 »

Can you start out by going to administration > printing and check too see if your printer is in there, if not try adding it.

also issue lsusb in the terminal too see if it shows up.
shaha614

Post by shaha614 »

yeah the printer is in there. my printer is on a network i am trying do it through wifi not usb, however i have tried the usb and it still did not work.
w201

Post by w201 »

Hmmm, I don't know if I can help you on this hopefully someone else will come along. Are you sure your wifi is up and running?

ifconfig and check wlan0. If I find some answers I'll post. Good luck.

Return to “Beginner Questions”