Firefox Menu Bar Bugs!!!

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
w201

Firefox Menu Bar Bugs!!!

Post by w201 »

Hi All,

I have this reoccuring problem with Firefox. I open Firefox and click any option on the menu bar (File, Edit, View, etc...) when I see the dropdown, as soon as I start to scroll down with my mouse, the dropdown list disapears. Restarting Firefox solves the problem, but I need a real solution. Has anyone else experienced this problem?

Thanks!
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
viking777

Re: Firefox Menu Bar Bugs!!!

Post by viking777 »

This is not a solution because I don't have the problem, and have never seen it either, but it might be a workround you can live with.

Right click on the menu bar and untick it. It will be replaced with a small 'Firefox' menu at the start of the tab bar. See if you can work with that. A side effect is that it gives you ever so slightly more screen space for the main part of the window as well, so that is a bonus. :)
w201

Post by w201 »

Thanks viking777, I'll try that for now and pray that the same thing doesn't happen with the smaller menu bar.
w201

Post by w201 »

*Update*

Still having this issue which so far seems to be affecting only my computer. It not only happens with the menu bar dropdown list, but with all dropdowns on the Firefox browser. If anyone finds a fix, please shoot me a PM and leave a solution on this thread. Thanks again!
Orbmiser

Post by Orbmiser »

Usually firefox only issue. Then I disable my plugins first and restart.
Continued problem then I switch theme to default and try again.
All I can think of at the moment.
w201

Post by w201 »

Orbmiser wrote:Usually firefox only issue. Then I disable my plugins first and restart.
Continued problem then I switch theme to default and try again.
All I can think of at the moment.
Thanks for the suggestions, Orbmiser. I'll give that a whirl.

Return to “Beginner Questions”