[SOLVED] Installed driver propietary, now, I can-t access

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Wonder
Level 5
Level 5

[SOLVED] Installed driver propietary, now, I can-t access

Post by Wonder »

Hi.
In the first time, sorry for my english and sorry if this question are solved in other topic, I search for my problem and any post solved my issue.

Well, I was uninstall the native driver of my ati, then, I installed propietary drivers of my ati from synaptics (3 modules with the name fglrx).
Then this steps, in terminal, aticonfig -initial -f

Restart my computer and, black screen, but any response, not response ctrl + alt + x and any response.

I go to etc/x11/ for restore my xorg.conf.backup but the content for this backup is

# NOXORGCONFEXISTED: No X.org configuration file existed when this backup was created.

But I restored this file, but my problem continue, I cant access to my system.

Reinstall linux mint its a big problem for me, and I try to solved this issue without format and reinstall linux mint.

I use LM 13 Mate.

I'm really worried about this problem.

I question, if I installed temporaly other graphic card, I can access to my system for solved this issue?

Thanks and regards!
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 3 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
jungle_boy
Level 7
Level 7

Re: Installed driver propietary, now, I can-t access to my s

Post by jungle_boy »

Try to start in text mode:

http://rolling-ubuntu.blogspot.com.br/2 ... -mode.html

After, install linux non-proprietary graphic card driver;

Code: Select all

sudo apt-get install xserver-xorg-video-ati
sudo apt-get install xserver-xorg-video-radeon
Reboot, check all and change boot option, from text mode to quiet splash
Samsung Odyssey, Octa-core, i5 9300H, Geforce GTX 1650, 16GB RAM, SSD SAMSUNG NVMe 500GB
LM 21 Cinnamon
Wonder
Level 5
Level 5

Post by Wonder »

Solved!!

Thanks for your reply.

With your mode, I can access to my system and reinstall linux non-proprietary graphic card driver and now all works fine :)

Thanks and regards!
jungle_boy
Level 7
Level 7

Post by jungle_boy »

OK!

I am happy to help you to fix the problem!

Please, edit the subject of your first post and add [SOLVED], so who has the same problem will know how to solve it.

Bravo for Linux!
Samsung Odyssey, Octa-core, i5 9300H, Geforce GTX 1650, 16GB RAM, SSD SAMSUNG NVMe 500GB
LM 21 Cinnamon

Return to “Beginner Questions”