Desktop Cube effect

Please post suggestions for improvement of Cinnamon on:
https://github.com/linuxmint/Cinnamon
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
fletchermoore

Desktop Cube effect

Post by fletchermoore »

I apologize if this has been discussed already. When I tried to search, the forum filtered the word "cube".

Is there a desktop cube effect for switching workspaces for Cinnamon out there? Sliding between workspaces is OK, but the cube effect is easily my favorite. I did not like the KDE implementation (acceleration gets weird if you do it too fast), but compiz did a great job.

If it doesn't exist, would an extension that creates this effect be possible?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
cwwgateway

Re: Desktop Cube effect

Post by cwwgateway »

Currently, the cube does not exist in Cinnamon. Previously, this effect was done by compiz (and kwin in kde), and compiz isn't compatible with Gnome 3 (and therefore Cinnamon). I suppose it would be possible to create an extension, but that's way out of my league. Just as a note, MATE and Xfce can be made (with some googling) to work with compiz. However, I believe that development of compiz recently stopped (AFAIK it is still be maintained, but no new features are being added).

Return to “Cinnamon”