mp560 is printing only black part of colors

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
bijah

mp560 is printing only black part of colors

Post by bijah »

Hey,

I have a problem. Since I used CUPS 1.5.3 the printer only prints the black component of colors. I tried every color model but nothing changed. The testpage looks perfect! I also removed the printer and added it after reboot again. nothing changed.

I run a lenovo x200s with Mint 13 on it.

thanks in advance...
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
nomko

Re: mp560 is printing only black part of colors

Post by nomko »

Did you installed the correct drivers for your device? Take a look here how to get the correct drivers:https://sites.google.com/site/tipsandtr ... on-drivers. Here's a short how-to: http://forum.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.ph ... 67#p673767
kbkatz1

Post by kbkatz1 »

I have the Canon MP560 Printer as well and all is working fine. Make sure you are running the Canon Linux "drivers" from their Asian website.
bijah

Post by bijah »

thanks for the tips,

but didn't help. I reinstalled from the canon-europe site, there is no MP560 in asia, the driver debs, but nothing helped. And I suppose, as the testpage looks colorfull and perfect, that the right driver is installed and there is a error in the communication between evince etc. and the printer.

Ahh I am using the printer via usb-cable...
bijah

Post by bijah »

SOLVED!!! It was only a switch in the advanced options choosing in the:

Common Printer Features:

Ink Type: CMYKk and not black

thanks anyway!!
pdc_2
Level 10
Level 10

Post by pdc_2 »

I see you also posted on the Ubuntu forum

If you mark your thread as Solved....................

Return to “Printers & Scanners”