Dual moniter & mouse setup

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
dkeranen

Dual moniter & mouse setup

Post by dkeranen »

Hi
I just installed mint 14 64 bit with a Nvidia NS dual moniter set up I have gotten it to work halfway I can move my mouse moving from right to lef,t to the moniter on the left and move windows the same way, but cannot move them the left over the the left moniter my number 1 moniter is the right side how can i set this up where I can move widows to the left and not from right to left.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
bigj231

Re: Dual moniter & mouse setup

Post by bigj231 »

I'm not exactly sure what you are wanting to do. Did you want to know if there is a way to keep moving the window off of the left side of the left monitor and have it appear on the right side of the right monitor?
If that's not what you want, then let us know. If that is what you want to do, I don't think there's any simple way to do so, but it would be a neat feature.
dkeranen

Post by dkeranen »

Here is what I would like to do ( example Terminal is open on the main right monitor and would like to move it to the left monitor currently I must click and hold and move it right and it will show up on the left, Is there a way to click and hold and move this to the left and it will show on left monitor, the only way I can move the mouse pointer to the left monitor is to go off the right monitor moving the the right and it will then show on the left) I hope this makes sense
dkeranen

Post by dkeranen »

I have gotten the problem resolved. In monitors you just have to drag the monitor that is red in color to the right in monitor preferences then you can move anything you like from right to left and back again.
bjornmu
Level 3
Level 3

Post by bjornmu »

Sounds to me like you just had the monitors swapped, how about just unplugging the cables and swapping them back? :wink:

Return to “Beginner Questions”