How to autostart an app or script - Virtual Desktop

Please post suggestions for improvement of Cinnamon on:
https://github.com/linuxmint/Cinnamon
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
GNUbalance

How to autostart an app or script - Virtual Desktop

Post by GNUbalance »

Anyone have any idea how to autostart an app or script on a specific virtual desktop under Mint 14 Cinnamon ?

I want to start up my applications an scripts programmatically without having to open up each one and move them around.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
viking777

Re: How to autostart an app or script - Virtual Desktop

Post by viking777 »

gdevilspie works for me on Mint 14 Cinnamon (though I have spoken to others that claim it doesn't work for them). That is supposedly capable of launching apps on specific workspaces, but to get that to happen through autostart would not be so easy. You would have to put a long delay into the autostart command in order to allow gdevilspie demon to start before the application is launched. You could probably do that through a shell script and then launch the shell script through 'Startup Applications'. I wouldn't feel confident about giving you the code for that though, do a bit of research and you can probably work something out.

Gdevilspie is in synaptic/software center.

Return to “Cinnamon”