Ugly after update

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
jasper580

Ugly after update

Post by jasper580 »

Hi people,
So, I have Linux Mint 14 Cinnamon right here, and today I installed a lot of updates+Ubuntu software center, and after reboot, my Linux is really ugly (pictograms, Nemo, etc). It makes me think of Windows 98. How do I fix it?
Thanks in advance
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
jasper580

Re: Ugly after update

Post by jasper580 »

Ok, update: when I run 'gksudo nemo', the new nemo window gets beautiful, but everything else stays ugly... Don't know if that's important to mention. And I remember something else: the boot before, it said something about a not working tmp folder... And it says something about display configuration when booted up... And it reverts back my theme changes after reboot...
usbtux

Post by usbtux »

check out cinnamon settings, themes, other settings, WINDOWS THEME = mint-x
jasper580

Post by jasper580 »

Doesn't work :( Other suggestions?
EDIT: Installed a fresh Mint, nevermind...

Return to “Beginner Questions”