SOLVED Can't run installed program called uberwriter!?

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
carlos123

SOLVED Can't run installed program called uberwriter!?

Post by carlos123 »

Hi there,

I successfully installed a program called uberwriter but can't run it by typing "uberwriter" at a command prompt like I can do with all other programs that I have ever installed.

Does anyone know how to launch this program?

It's not showing up in any of the Linux Mint menus either.

But I can see the directories into which it was installed and sudo-apt installing it showed it being installed like usual.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. I have spent over an hour trying to figure out how to start this program!

Carlos
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
TheDynamicHamza21
Level 5
Level 5

Re: Can't run installed program called uberwriter!?

Post by TheDynamicHamza21 »

carlos123 wrote:Hi there,

I successfully installed a program called uberwriter but can't run it by typing "uberwriter" at a command prompt like I can do with all other programs that I have ever installed.

Does anyone know how to launch this program?

It's not showing up in any of the Linux Mint menus either.

But I can see the directories into which it was installed and sudo-apt installing it showed it being installed like usual.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. I have spent over an hour trying to figure out how to start this program!

Carlos

Just tested it and it gets installed in a weird way. It's located in the /opt/extras.ubuntu.com folder. The command to launch it is :

Code: Select all

/opt/extras.ubuntu.com/uberwriter/bin/uberwriter
Linux Registered User: # 573034

Hamza21.com
carlos123

Post by carlos123 »

Thank you! Thank you!

I tried something like that but apparently I had the wrong path in my attempt and it never ran. Now I can try and see if I at least want to use this Markdown editor. I have heard great things about it.

Thanks again! Much appreciated.

Carlos
TheDynamicHamza21
Level 5
Level 5

Post by TheDynamicHamza21 »

You're welcome!!
When an issue has been resolved for you, please edit the original post to include <SOLVED> in the title. This provides a good indicator for users with a similar problem to check out the thread. Please make sure the solution that worked for you is clearly indicated, especially if more than one solution has been proposed. If your solution came from outside the forum then describe it or post a link to it. Following these simple instructions will help other users find success solving similar problems.
http://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=83314
Linux Registered User: # 573034

Hamza21.com

Return to “Software & Applications”