Kaz

Welcome to newcomers! Don't hesitate to introduce yourself.
Forum rules
Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Kazyyk

Kaz

Post by Kazyyk »

Hrm...
Not sure how to start this! I'm not very good at introducing myself.

I go by Kazyyk, most folk call me Kaz, and I'm a male if you can't tell from the name. Anyway, -
I've been wanting to switch to Linux for ages after using XP, then Vista, then Windows 7, the only thing
that was stopping me was: no native steam support.

Now with that out of the way? *Whistles* Linux is a beaut. Sure, I could've used PlayOnLinux, but I don't
like emulators. Nope, nada. None of that, please! Besides, Steam is mostly just a replacement for MSN (if any
of you remember that old service!) rather than games, hah.

If you'd like to add me on Steam, I go by Kazyyk -everywhere- on the internet. If it's Kazyyk, it's probably me. Unless
it's that one Nigerian dating site. Someone stole my name there, I promise. :wink:

Anywho - I'm using Linux as a way to get away from the pesky time-consuming video games! Don't get me wrong,
Gaming is awesome. But it's just too much of a distraction from learning other awesome and useful things!
Speaking of which, I'm currently learning Ruby (and dabbling in Python.)

Ruby and Python? Why?

'cause I'm a newbie. Hey, we all start somewhere, right?
Anyway, glad to be here, I'll be poking my head around the forums from time to time. Don't expect me to be
one of those people that just sign up and never post anything. That feels like leeching to me.
Sometimes it's hard to come up with contributional things to say though, so I understand those who aren't
really posters.

Sorry this was so long and spaced out!
Cheers,
Kaz
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
The-Wizard

Re: Kaz

Post by The-Wizard »

welcome to the mint family forums

wizard
xenopeek
Level 25
Level 25

Post by xenopeek »

Hi Kaz, welcome to Linux Mint :D I've done some Ruby projects in the early days, but have found my home with Python. Both are fine languages to program in, so have fun!
Kazyyk wrote: Sure, I could've used PlayOnLinux, but I don't like emulators.
PlayOnLinux is a front-end for Wine. That's a recursive acronym for "Wine Is Not an Emulator", and it is a compatibility layer for Windows--not an emulator. But hey, I agree and prefer native Linux software and don't use it :wink:

See you around the forums.
AnonKS

Post by AnonKS »

Hey welcome Kaz! Great to see another linux noob and fellow student of python. Python is an awesome language and I love it. Have you started programming 2d games yet? Lots of fun with surprisingly minimal amounts of code.

Anyways, welcome!

Sent from my HTC EVO 3D X515m using Tapatalk 2
sammiev

Post by sammiev »

Hi Kaz, welcome to Linux Mint . It seems you have been busy. :D
meteorrock

Post by meteorrock »

Hi kaz :)

jesica