FIXED- 3D issues - AMD A10 5800K

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
end user

FIXED- 3D issues - AMD A10 5800K

Post by end user »

This is my hardware below. I also have the same set up except using the A-8 5600K CPU on another system with out any problems although different memory. They both are running LM 14 Mate

AMD A10-5800K
MSI FM2-A75MA-E35
G.SKILL F3-14900CL9D-8GBSR Sniper SE 8GB

LG 50" Plasma.

So I tried both the Catalyst 12.10 and 12.11 with the exact results. What happens is when I open up any 3d game I get lot of video flickering/flaring. I've posted a video of it with Open Arena. When using STEAM under Wine and Company Of Heroes the effects are so bad you can't play the game. If I run glxgears there's some flickering in the top blue gear.

This doesn't happen with the radeon drivers but I have other non video (HDMI sound) issues with those.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yzEWxErH ... e=youtu.be
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 3 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
end user

Re: 3D issues - AMD A10 5800K/Catalyst 12.10/11

Post by end user »

So I tried the 13.1 driver and I'm still getting the same problem. Don't know how to rule this out as a software or hardware issuse. If I hook the tv up with a vga cable I get the same and I also tried it with a normalPC lcd monitor. Another anomoly is white pixels here and the showing up around window froma edges and images. I do remember having the same problem with my A-8 5600K set up.

Not sure if trying another distro will work but I'll give LM 14 KDE a go.
end user

Post by end user »

Got a better video here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rykZjhlu61E

I tried LM 14 KDE and have the same issue.
end user

Post by end user »

Lol more info, seems installing the drivers from Restricted seems to have fixed the problems. Go figure.

Spoke too soon. Nexuiz was doing the same thing. Only thing I can do is swap out hardware from the working box to the affected one and see what happens.
yellowfaceboul

Post by yellowfaceboul »

Please update if possible. I'm getting ready to move back to Linux and I just built an A10 comp . Thanks for posting the progress so far!
end user

Post by end user »

yellowfaceboul wrote:Please update if possible. I'm getting ready to move back to Linux and I just built an A10 comp . Thanks for posting the progress so far!
I forgot to bring the box at work home so will have to wait till tomrrow night so swap out the CPU/RAM.

With the A8-5600K I have no issues that I found yet. I did have a small one installing the restricted driver from the Package Manger > Software Sources > Additional Drivers for some reason the progress bar would stall and nothing would be installed. I had to get them though searching for fglrx-acccle and installing it. If I installed them from here http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/l ... linux.aspx it would say it installed but when I tried to open the Catalyst I got an error saying it wasn't installed. With the A10 chip I had no problems installing the ones from the AMD site.
end user

Post by end user »

SO this is either a driver issues with the A10 or the A10 is defective as if I put in my A8 into the board with the A10 the graphic display is fine and if I put in the A10 chip into the A8 system I get the same graphics issues as in the video. I'll see if I can exchange the A10 chip for another one and see what happens.
end user

Re: FIXED- 3D issues - AMD A10 5800K

Post by end user »

Got a second A10 and when I put it in everything worked good so the old CPU was damaged.

Return to “Graphics Cards & Monitors”