how i modified low disk space warning.

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
FurqanHanif

how i modified low disk space warning.

Post by FurqanHanif »

when one of my partition have only 850mb space then a popup screen appears that you have low disk space. i want that when my partition have only 100mb space then i get that warning. is this possibe? hope someone understand my question. (sorry for my English.)
Thanks in advance.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
xenopeek
Level 25
Level 25

Re: how i modified low disk space warning.

Post by xenopeek »

You didn't mention how big your hard disk is, so I'm not sure if this is the solution for you. Anyway, by default on ext4 filesystems 5% of the disk space is reserved for the root users and not usable by you. That is done so that in case of you filling up your hard disk, and having problems booting or logging in because of that, you could still boot and log in as the root user as that has 5% free disk space reserved.

If you want, you can remove that reservation. It was about another question, but see this post for how to do that: http://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.p ... 55#p636652
FurqanHanif

Post by FurqanHanif »

thanks but actuallly i want to ask that is there any way to disable low disk space warning?
FurqanHanif

Post by FurqanHanif »

please someone reply. :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

Return to “Software & Applications”