This is for people with AxCrypt files...

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
tek_heretik

This is for people with AxCrypt files...

Post by tek_heretik »

and you need to open them like I did (text file with ALL my passwords, etc). I know for a fact (I am using it) AxCrypt 1.6.4.4 does install with Wine and works. Right click on the file (aft installing AxCrypt), you will see "open with AxCrypt Encryption Server". Just one of the few hurdles I had transitioning completely to Linux.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
WIKI

Re: This is for people with AxCrypt files...

Post by WIKI »

I tried to follow your suggestion but without success. Wine seems to have installed OK but how do you install AxCrypt. I did this using Wine but when i try to open a file I get " run time error and program must close"

Any advice appreciated.
tek_heretik

Post by tek_heretik »

WIKI wrote:I tried to follow your suggestion but without success. Wine seems to have installed OK but how do you install AxCrypt. I did this using Wine but when i try to open a file I get " run time error and program must close"

Any advice appreciated.
You have to get/try the exact version I mentioned, you may have a problem with newer versions. Btw, I noticed you are a very new member, how did you find this post? I might have used Play On Linux or similar alternative to install. Having fun dissecting my computer officer? The password for the file you are trying to open is over 20 characters long, good luck with that, not that there is anything 'devious' in it anyway, and I am getting a little sick of telling you how to do your own job.
WIKI

Post by WIKI »

Thanks. I got things to work in the end. You seem to need to install via the terminal.

I am a Windows user who is doing a comparison between XP and Mint. Having tried lots of Linux systems Mint seem to be closest to the sort of ease of use offered by a Windows package. Its still got lots of rough edges. It taken me days of effort to get the inbuilt microphone to work and don't mention touch pads of some computers.

Return to “Software & Applications”