Search or List By Bitrate

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
bumdrew

Search or List By Bitrate

Post by bumdrew »

I'm really not sure if this is the right forum, but I figured the right kind of users will be hanging in the mulltimedia/sound forum sections to help me.

I am trying to kill off the lower quality sections of my music collection but I can't seem to find an efficient way to search the directory by bitrate. Could anyone suggest a solution? :)

So far I've found the quickest way for me to check, in some kind of bulk way, is install audacious. Right click, open my music folder with audacious. As my music is fairly well organised it seems to list albums in succession so I can double click one song from each album and find out that way. However this is quite pain staking on a 100GB+ collection.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
bumdrew

Re: Search or List By Bitrate

Post by bumdrew »

Please note:

I know I can use some kind of media library to do such a thing. However I don't rely on ID3 tags as often these cause compatibility issues with certain music editing software. So if I add the folder to a programs media library a large chunk of my collection won't be tagged at all. Meaning I'll only know the bit rate and have to play songs one by one or check the path one by one to decide what to delete. Which will be just as time consuming. A file browsing solution is more what I'm looking for.
I should also note my skill level if this helps with what solution/guides somebody will hopefully post. I'm not totally new to linux, I can use linux builds fairly efficiently and I'm highly fluent with microsoft OS's. I'm now trying to "live" in linux to gain a professional level of fluency.

Looking forward to any replies. Thanks in advance. Bumdrew.
bumdrew

Post by bumdrew »

Should have read forum rules before posting...

Running Linuxmint 14 Nadia - MATE 64-Bit
bumdrew

Post by bumdrew »

HI again guys. Thanks to anyone who might have taken a look at this.

Through some heavy googling and re-phrasing of my question I managed to find my own solution.

http://xubuntu.wordpress.com/2008/02/18 ... in-thunar/

Return to “Sound”