[SOLVED] Default soundcard

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
lotofag

[SOLVED] Default soundcard

Post by lotofag »

Hia, I have an onboard and a usb soundcard. The mixer dont recognise my usb soundcard. I need workaround to set it via terminal or what not. Or can I get a better mixer into Nadia xfce? because the default one is quite crappy really
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Orbmiser

Re: Default soundcard

Post by Orbmiser »

So it isn't listed in sound settings? on the Output or Hardware tabs?
lotofag

Post by lotofag »

It is not listed in kmixer, i installed qasmixer, that lists the soundcard but tells us it couldnt load because of invalid argument. In audacious I am aloud to choose the card but with a "snd_pcm_open failed: Input/output error." in alsa window. *weep*
lotofag

Post by lotofag »

Forget it I changed a line in the terminal according to some manual and the card disappeared altogether. Getting some better distro with usb soundcard support. See you
lotofag

Post by lotofag »

Alright, I owe you guys an apology. After trying a couple of distros by an accident (the PC hanged and I needed a livecd and I do not have them marked) I went to linux mint again. And thist time a miracle happened. It recognised my sound card without further ado. It even supported my external usb 3.0 hardisk outofthebox, even supported the larger folders too. I was shocked to see that it communicated with my bluetooth keyboard, something ubuntu people perhaps only dream about as yet. The audacious player has (albeit limited) cue sheet support. I found out that the player had not played because I stupidly tried the sound on a 24/96 recording and my soundcard likes 48 khz better. The mint has a flashplayer repository that has a sound. Well it uses my onboard card only but wth, there is another linux miracle. I will yet have to look how it deals with my ATI Radeon 4xxx and dual monitor (that no other distro can handle) but even if that dont work adequately, I must say people around mint did a helluva work. Thanks. I pronounce this offtopic for closed and question for solved :lol:
Orbmiser

Post by Orbmiser »

Glad it was just some kind of glitch and you solved the issue.
Be sure to edit your first post title and add the word solved to it.
lotofag

Post by lotofag »

Actually it was not a oninatime glitch. But plugging and unplugging usb audio works. Unluckily I cannot edit the solved issue because of trouble with the minimize-maximize window that has not been solved yet. Over the top of my window is another window and I cannot swap to windows and do not want to cancel the download of win7 :lol:

Return to “Beginner Questions”