Menu On Wrong Monitor

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
bird2010

Menu On Wrong Monitor

Post by bird2010 »

I am running Mint 14. When I boot, the Menu button and panel appears on the bottom, left corner of my RIGHT monitor. However, the left monitor is my primary monitor. I clicked Menu -> Preferences -> Monitors and then I moved the monitors around. The Computer icon and Home icon now appear on the left monitor. Unfortunately, the Menu button and panel still appear on the right monitor. How can I move the Menu button and panel to the left monitor? Thanks!
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
vman2010

Re: Menu On Wrong Monitor

Post by vman2010 »

I would also like to know how to move the panel. I have a triple monitor setup and once had the panel on the center, don't remember how I did it though.
Or be able to set center as default monitor ?
bird2010

Re: Menu On Wrong Monitor

Post by bird2010 »

I found the solution. I'm posting it here in case other people run into the same problem.

You need to turn the VirtualBox setting to one monitor (and not full screen). Then, watch Linux Mint to see which monitor it opens first. THAT is the monitor that will have the menu button. Simply move the single Linux Mint window to the correct monitor where you want the menu to appear. In my case, I want the menu on my left monitor. Then, shut down Linux Mint. Change the VirtualBox setting to two or more monitors, depending on your configuration. Then, start Linux Mint again. The menu button will be on the correct monitor!

Return to “MATE”