[SOLVED] Newb Network Interface ? Openconnect

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
4Kings

[SOLVED] Newb Network Interface ? Openconnect

Post by 4Kings »

First post here people... been using Mint 14 for a couple of weeks now and loving it. Still exploring and making mistakes. I do have one issue that is bothering me. I installed Openconnect and got it configured. I can VPN into my company VPN and access network resources just fine. For some reason I can only run Openconnect through terminal but that's a question for another day. My real issue is that when I close the terminal session that is running Openconnect, the network interface is not being terminated. I see tun0 in the interface panel and can still access network resources. Am I not closing OpenConnect correctly... please let me know.

I wanted to put this in the Networking forum but couldn't... wouldn't let me post to there
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
4Kings

Re: [SOLVED] Newb Network Interface ? Openconnect

Post by 4Kings »

ctrl-c will kill the tun0 interface.

Still not sure why closing the terminal window doesn't kill the interface.

Return to “Beginner Questions”