Default keyring password for Ubuntu One

Questions about other topics - please check if your question fits better in another category before posting here
Forum rules
Before you post please read how to get help

Default keyring password for Ubuntu One

Postby Brian12 on Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:09 pm

I recently installed Mint 14 with Xfce. That went very well. Then I added Ubuntu One. That too went well except that it asked me to supply a default keyring password. I did not know what that was for so I just supplied a nice long, strong one and continued. Everything works fine except now whenever I log in I get prompted for that ridiculous password I chose.

From a lot of searching I get the sense that the login process automatically supplies my usual password to the default keyring and is only prompting me because I set a different password for the keyring. Is this correct?

If so, how can I change the default keyring password?

When I launch seahorse the GUI shows an entry for "Ubuntu One" and an entry for "Unlock password for: default". Going into the properties of the latter allows me to see the password I chose and to type over it with my regular login password. When I log out and then back in I still get prompted for the default keyring password and only the original works. When I go back into seahorse I still see my old password. It's as if it doesn't really save my new one?

From the searching I have done it looks like some people just remove the password but I would prefer it to just reuse my login pw.

Would anyone here care to share any expertise on this?

Thanks.

Brian
Brian12
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Return to Other topics