easytag - add same cover art to several MP3s at once

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
phr33k

easytag - add same cover art to several MP3s at once

Post by phr33k »

Mintlinux 14 Cinnamon

For whatever reason, the cover art in the ID3 tags in hundreds, if not thousands, of my MP3s does not show up in VLC. :shock: I embedded all my cover art into my ID3 tags in Window$ using dbPoweramp and it all shows up in Winamp when I'm running XP Pro SP3.

I keep each of my albums in a separate folder. When I select all the tracks in an album (folder) with easytag and then select the cover art JPG I want to add to all those tracks, easytag only saves the cover art into one ID3 tag/one track. This despite the fact that a dialog box pops up with a checkbox, which I have checked, saying "Repeat action for the rest of the files."

I'm not really interested in trying to add cover art to my ID3 tags using some command line software. The dark ages are supposed to be over, folks.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
TheDynamicHamza21
Level 5
Level 5

Re: easytag - add same cover art to several MP3s at once

Post by TheDynamicHamza21 »

phr33k wrote:Mintlinux 14 Cinnamon

For whatever reason, the cover art in the ID3 tags in hundreds, if not thousands, of my MP3s does not show up in VLC. :shock: I embedded all my cover art into my ID3 tags in Window$ using dbPoweramp and it all shows up in Winamp when I'm running XP Pro SP3.
Same here on VLC in Mint Maya. VLC doesn't want to display proper bitrates nor id3 info nor image covers for some reason. I just stick to Mplayer,it has never failed me.
I keep each of my albums in a separate folder. When I select all the tracks in an album (folder) with easytag and then select the cover art JPG I want to add to all those tracks, easytag only saves the cover art into one ID3 tag/one track. This despite the fact that a dialog box pops up with a checkbox, which I have checked, saying "Repeat action for the rest of the files."
Just selecting all the files doesn't add anything to files you have to select all the files and click on the little boxes to far right to tell easy tag add that info all the selected files.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f08g4ZR00Kk#t=00m44s

Linux Registered User: # 573034

Hamza21.com
phr33k

Re: easytag - add same cover art to several MP3s at once

Post by phr33k »

Try looking at the Pictures tab, not the Common tab. You don't add cover art using the Common tab.

I switched to Banshee, even though I think its codecs aren't very good. It picks up my cover art, it responds to the multimedia buttons on my laptop, and it also responds correctly to most of the buttons on my remote control. The great VLC does none of these.

Return to “Software & Applications”