Volume change intervals?

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
obscenelyappropriate

Volume change intervals?

Post by obscenelyappropriate »

Okay, so whenever I press the volume up or down buttons on my laptop, the volume changes by 6% of max. I know Linux is open-source, so there must be some way I can change that, my question is how? I want to make it change by more around 2% or 4% because sometimes a jump by 6% takes it from quieter than I want to louder than I want or vice versa. Could someone please give me step-by-step instructions as to how to do this? Thanks.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
vincav91

Re: Volume change intervals?

Post by vincav91 »

Please post this details first:

1. Version and the architecture (32-bit, 64-bit) of Linux Mint
2. Desktop environment (Cinnamon, KDE, MATE, etc.)
obscenelyappropriate

Post by obscenelyappropriate »

64-bit Linux Mint Nadia Cinnamon.
vincav91

Post by vincav91 »

I tried to change the volume step with gconf-editor.
Unfortunately, there is some bug in gconf-editor that doesn't make volume step configurable anymore. Look at the link below.

https://bugzilla.gnome.org/show_bug.cgi?id=650371

There are also workarounds on this link below (take a look at people's comments).

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+sour ... bug/871133

I'll try again later to find solution for Cinnamon.
Perhaps the volume step is configurable on other desktop environments (like MATE through mate-conf-editor).

EDIT:

I tried to find a solution for Cinammon but no luck.

Return to “Beginner Questions”