Syslog reports Buffer I/O error on device fd0

Questions about hardware, drivers and peripherals
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
saordubh

Syslog reports Buffer I/O error on device fd0

Post by saordubh »

I just did a fresh install of LinuxMint 14.1 cinnamon 64 bit on my homebuilt computer. Everything seems to be working fine but syslog reports about every 15 seconds a "Buffer I/O error on device fd0, logical block 0" followed by "end_request: I/O error, dev fd0, sector 0". I modified /etc/modprobe.d/blacklist.conf to add the line"blacklist floppy" but that had no effect. My box is an Intel core 2 duo E8500 on an AsusP5Q board with an Asus EN9600GSO GeForce 9600 GSO video card. there is no installed floppy drive. I let the installation install the default open-source video driver rather than the NVIDIA driver. Does anyone have a suggestion as to how to turn off this error stream?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
DrHu

Re: Syslog reports Buffer I/O error on device fd0

Post by DrHu »

OK, disable it in the BIOS, if you haven't already done so: maybe it is part of that board's default set of devices..
https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=565693
saordubh

Re: Syslog reports Buffer I/O error on device fd0

Post by saordubh »

:D Thanks. Your suggestion did the trick. Problem solved.

Return to “Hardware Support”