Help installing libcrypto.so.6

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
stetson

Help installing libcrypto.so.6

Post by stetson »

I've loaded jBase application and I am installing on my Linux MINT ver Nadia system.

I am getting the following error message:

CREATE-FILE: error while loading shared libraries: libcrypto.so.6: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

I am told I need openssl098e installed using apt-get command. I've run as follows:

'sudo apt-get install openssl098e'

No luck completing command. Do I need to get via ftp?

I'm new to LINUX and need some guidance.

Thanks!
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
DrHu

Re: Help installing libcrypto.so.6

Post by DrHu »

http://itsecureadmin.com/2009/06/error- ... directory/
--some research for the error, try idconfig, as shown in the link

The problem, you no doubt recognize has to do with that package installation: jbase
http://www.jbase.com/new/support/eval/downloads.html
--carefully read the requirements and any documentation from the vendor..
  • Also that package has other requirements in that it is a java installation , and it seems to require a KORN shell (not bash, which is the default for Linux distributions..)
  • Linux
    You must have the korn shell (ksh) installed before you install jBASE for Linux, or the installation will fail. In addition, many of the shell scripts included in jBASE for Linux require ksh.
xenopeek
Level 25
Level 25

Re: Help installing libcrypto.so.6

Post by xenopeek »

libcrypto is already installed, but it is a newer version. You should be able to fool the application by creating a link to this newer version, called 'libcrypto.so.6'. First, check what current file you have:

Code: Select all

locate libssl.so.
On Linux Mint 14 64-bit that responds the following (on 32-bit it will be somewhere else):

/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libssl.so.1.0.0
Then you can create the link by going to the directory that has the file (from the output of above command):

cd /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu
And then running this command to create the link (first the name of the file as output by above command, then the 'libcrypto.so.6' name):

ln -s libssl.so.1.0.0 libcrypto.so.6
This may or may not work, depending on whether the application you are trying to run is 64-bit or not. If it is 32-bit, you would first install the package libssl1.0.0:i386 and this will install the library to '/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libcrypto.so.1.0.0'. And then you would run the above commands the same way, except replacing the 'x86_64-linux-gnu' part of the path with 'i386-linux-gnu'.

Return to “Software & Applications”