GetDeb and PlayDeb discontinued - operational again

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
spynoodle

Re: removed and removed discontinued

Post by spynoodle »

So, what's next? Does anyone know of any other repositories that will serve updates to all the packages hosted by removed and removed?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
nomko

Post by nomko »

spynoodle wrote:So, what's next? Does anyone know of any other repositories that will serve updates to all the packages hosted by removed and removed?
I've been using these repo's as long as i can remember, starting with Ubuntu. But i also found out that most software provided by removed and removed is common available. Whether is in the standard repositories of Ubuntu/Mint or through the website of the developers, it is still available. This is what i also found out after a while. With every application they provided the link to the software/application homepage where you also can download the latest version. Not continuing removed and removed isn't the end of the world. It's now more up to you finding the application you want and Google can be a great help to do this! And there's also this great forum to ask.

But anyway, you still can use the mirror sites, although i doubt that those mirror sites are maintained or supported... I think after a while you end up with old packages/versions.
spynoodle

Post by spynoodle »

nomko wrote:
spynoodle wrote:So, what's next? Does anyone know of any other repositories that will serve updates to all the packages hosted by removed and removed?
I've been using these repo's as long as i can remember, starting with Ubuntu. But i also found out that most software provided by removed and removed is common available. Whether is in the standard repositories of Ubuntu/Mint or through the website of the developers, it is still available. This is what i also found out after a while. With every application they provided the link to the software/application homepage where you also can download the latest version. Not continuing removed and removed isn't the end of the world. It's now more up to you finding the application you want and Google can be a great help to do this! And there's also this great forum to ask.

But anyway, you still can use the mirror sites, although i doubt that those mirror sites are maintained or supported... I think after a while you end up with old packages/versions.
Thanks for the info. After having the update errors associated with the repository being down, I figured I might have certain packages installed from one of the repositories; however, it turns out that I might not have any to begin with, so it probably won't really be much of a problem to me.
nomko

Post by nomko »

You could take a look here: http://ubuntu-tweak.com/. They provide packages which were available on removed and with a link to the homepage as well.
MartinaNeumayer

Post by MartinaNeumayer »

"removed: Phoenix"
A community to organise the re-launch of removed, probably under a new name.
More infos and G+ page here:
https://plus.google.com/u/0/communities ... 3234933713

Edit:
removed and removed are back online! :D

Return to “Software & Applications”