Hi from Canada!

Welcome to newcomers! Don't hesitate to introduce yourself.
Forum rules
Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Cityscape

Hi from Canada!

Post by Cityscape »

Well here I am guys! I've joined the ranks of Linux Mint users! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

My name is Adam and I live in British Columbia, Canada! I'm 20 and currently working on my BA (either in Computer Science or Economics or both, I have not yet decided :P ) while working. So yeah, I'm pretty busy! :D

I started using Linux back in 2009 and over the past few years my primary disro has been Ubuntu (first started with 9.04). :D However I have really not used Linux as much over the past year because my iPhone can now do a lot of what a computer can. I'm now switching over to Linux Mint because I really am not a fan of the Unity interface (and GNOME Shell is even worse). I really liked Gnome 2.x. I know a lot of the Linux basics and could learn a lot more but I dont because I have limited time and I these days just like to have a functional desktop computer that I can perform my tasks on.

I'm really excited about Linux Mint, I love how Mint stuck with the Mate interface (and Cinnamon) instead of the GNOME Shell! :D

And I'm currently buying parts to build a Linux Mint desktop pc! :D I actually asked for help here: http://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.php?f=59&t=123316

Adam :D
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
sammiev

Re: Hi from Canada!

Post by sammiev »

Hi Adam and welcome to the Mint forums. :D
The-Wizard

Post by The-Wizard »

welcome to the Mint family forums

wizard
xenopeek
Level 25
Level 25

Post by xenopeek »

Hi Adam, welcome to Linux Mint :D
jesica

Post by jesica »

Good day

Welcome to the forums :mrgreen:
hammy283

Post by hammy283 »

Awesome, another fellow Canadian on the mint. Welcome. :)

Return to “Introduce Yourself”