Can't make the MintMenu button's BACKGROUND transparent...

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
rkmugen

Can't make the MintMenu button's BACKGROUND transparent...

Post by rkmugen »

After "enabling" the MintMenu under Linux Mint 13 XFCE, using the XfApplet plugin in the panel, I couldn't help but notice that the Mint menu's BUTTON BACKGROUND didn't respect the rest of the XFCE panel's opacity settings. So I'd like to know if I can still make the MintMenu

Here's an image of what I have right now, with the MintMenu button (via XfApplet):
And this is what I'd like to achieve... a completely transparent MintMenu button background that still respects the opacity settings of the rest of the xfce panel:

Does anyone know how to do this or what files I'd need to edit? Or is this a missing feature that is yet to be added into the XfApplet or the MintMenu's python files itself?

I realize that this question has been more-or-less asked before, but nobody ever bothered to answer this other guy, 2 years ago (Oct 2011):
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
jungle_boy
Level 7
Level 7

Re: Can't make the MintMenu button's BACKGROUND transparent.

Post by jungle_boy »

I am using LM14 with xfce;

Menu>Settings>Settings Manager>Panel>Appearance tab.

Set Alpha = 0 (zero)

Samsung Odyssey, Octa-core, i5 9300H, Geforce GTX 1650, 16GB RAM, SSD SAMSUNG NVMe 500GB
LM 21 Cinnamon
rkmugen

Post by rkmugen »

Thank you, but I think you missed out on the part where I mentioned that I'm using the XfApplet version of the MintMenu... which is NOT XFCE's MintMenu. I think it's a bug...

If you aren't sure of what I'm talking about, right-click your panel and click Add Items. Then scroll all the way down until you see XfApplet. If you select that and then try to change it's properties, it'll let you pick MATE's MintMenu instead of the default one you get, right after installing Linux Mint.

Btw, i'm using LinuxMInt13XFCE (Maya), not 14 (nadia), if anyone believes that might make a difference... (I wouldn't know).
jungle_boy
Level 7
Level 7

Post by jungle_boy »

Sorry.
Samsung Odyssey, Octa-core, i5 9300H, Geforce GTX 1650, 16GB RAM, SSD SAMSUNG NVMe 500GB
LM 21 Cinnamon
rkmugen

Post by rkmugen »

Quite alright. I've been doing some reading on other sites and I don't think anyone has managed to get anything to be transparent if they're using the XfApplet in the XFCE panel.

Return to “Xfce”