Windows 7 blue screen of death after mint 13 installation

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
bharatambati

Windows 7 blue screen of death after mint 13 installation

Post by bharatambati »

Hi,

I recently bought HP Pavilion g6 laptop. It came with 4 partitions. I deleted HP_TOOLS (took a backup of it) and Recovery partitions (As I shrink the main C drive partition; recovery drive is no longer working). I installed mint 13. Installation went fine and my grub showed both windows and linux mint. But, when I am trying to login to Windows 7 OS, I am getting a blue screen of death and restarting. Can any one help me out with this. I don't want to re-install Windows.

Thanks,
Bharat
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
thegreatgazoo

Re: Windows 7 blue screen of death after mint 13 installatio

Post by thegreatgazoo »

There should have been a small 100MB partition in front of windows 7. Did you leave that one alone. Windows 7 won't boot without it.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
bharatambati

Re: Windows 7 blue screen of death after mint 13 installatio

Post by bharatambati »

Thanks for the reply.
Yes. I left that partition as it is.

Return to “Beginner Questions”