[SOLVED] Disable caps lock in LM14

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
loobyloo

[SOLVED] Disable caps lock in LM14

Post by loobyloo »

I am looking for a way to disable the caps lock. Some previous posts suggest

System Settings | Keyboard Layout | Layouts | Options | Caps lock behaviour

There isn't a "Keyboard Layout" option in System Settings in 14. Could anyone tell me where to find the option to disable the caps lock?

Thanks

Cliff
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
TheDynamicHamza21
Level 5
Level 5

Re: Disable caps lock in LM14

Post by TheDynamicHamza21 »

loobyloo wrote:I am looking for a way to disable the caps lock. Some previous posts suggest

System Settings | Keyboard Layout | Layouts | Options | Caps lock behaviour

There isn't a "Keyboard Layout" option in System Settings in 14. Could anyone tell me where to find the option to disable the caps lock?

Thanks

Cliff

Linux Mint has several editions of Nadia Mint 14:Cinnamon,Mate,KDE,XFCE. Without knowing which edition you're using it's hard giving a solution to your specific problem. All I can tell you is under Mate and Cinnamon keyboard layout is under preferences in the menu (preference>keyboard>layout>options). I hope that helps
Linux Registered User: # 573034

Hamza21.com
xenopeek
Level 25
Level 25

Post by xenopeek »

Indeed, it would be helpful if you included in your signature which Linux Mint 14 you are using. Just the version number, without the desktop environment tells us not enough to properly answer your question.

Anyway, the previous post is correct and this is still the way to do it. On Linux Mint 14 Cinnamon :) If may differ for whichever desktop environment you have installed. Have you tried using the search box in your menu to search for the Keyboard Layout program? And if you are using Xfce, use the Application Finder in your Accessories menu to search.
loobyloo

Post by loobyloo »

Oops, sorry--searching for Keyboard Layout (in KDE), then clicking on Advanced finds it. Thanks!
TheDynamicHamza21
Level 5
Level 5

Post by TheDynamicHamza21 »

loobyloo wrote:Oops, sorry--searching for Keyboard Layout (in KDE), then clicking on Advanced finds it. Thanks!

[8] Indicate Solved Threads

When an issue has been resolved for you, please edit the original post to include <SOLVED> in the title. This provides a good indicator for users with a similar problem to check out the thread. Please make sure the solution that worked for you is clearly indicated, especially if more than one solution has been proposed. If your solution came from outside the forum then describe it or post a link to it. Following these simple instructions will help other users find success solving similar problems.

http://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.php?f=90&t=83314
Linux Registered User: # 573034

Hamza21.com
loobyloo

[SOLVED] Re: Disable caps lock in LM14 KDE

Post by loobyloo »

He--- I was just searching for a way to do just that :)

Return to “Beginner Questions”